MASTER OF ARTS | MAY 2017 | AMERICAN UNIVERSITY
· Major: Game Design
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE | MAY 2015 | ST. JOHN’S UNIVERSITY
· B.S.: Film and Television Production
· A.A.S: Mass Communication
Skills & Abilities
· Adobe Creative Suite
· Microsoft Office Suite
· Automation Testing
· Agile/Scrum Development
· Game Design Documentation
· Test Rail
QA TESTER I: DOMINATIONS | BIG HUGE GAMES | FEB 2019 TO DEC 2019
· Write and execute test cases to verify bug-free functionality of new and existing features
· Discover, research and document project bugs and defects
· LiveOps support: investigating potential live issues and bugs
· Work directly with the programming and design teams to investigate and reproduce complex issues
· Act as point of contact for the QA department for teams working on game features
· Run automation test cases with proprietary software
GAME DESIGN RESEARCH ASSISTANT | THE WILSON CENTER | AUG 2017 TO SEPT 2018 · Designed and wrote story content for prototypes using the Unity Game Engine.
· Ubiquitous Risk: An internal prototype for use by Congressional staff during the Wilson Center’s Congressional Cybersecurity Lab. Prototype is available upon request.
· Designed and wrote dialog and story content for in-house games.
· Link to the Past: Woodrow Wilson: A point-and-click adventure game that let’s players explore key moments in President Wilson’s history. Made for the 50th anniversary of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. Prototype can be found here.
· Together we Weather the Storm: A tabletop RPG made in collaboration with the Wilson Center’s China Environmental Forum for a workshop in Kunming, China. More information can be found here.
· Crafted storyboards and wireframes for upcoming projects and proposals.
· Attended weekly development meetings with external designers and stakeholders. · Wrote articles and blog posts for the STIP website, found here.
LEAD NARRATIVE DESIGNER | LOOMINARY | JAN 2017 TO FEB 2019
· Generate outlines and drafts with team members to create compelling storytelling. · Collaborate with programmer on the look and design of the UI.
· Write interactive story scripts that are compatible with the game’s unique controller.
· Conduct player testing to measure level of interactivity between the game and the loom controller.
· Loominary has been featured in the Smithsonian American Art Museum, Electronic Literature Organization Conference, and Tangible Electronic Interface Conference.
COUNSELOR | GIRLS MAKE GAMES | JUNE 2017 TO JULY 2017
· Guided 2 teams of 3 students through game development.
· Worked with students to program and debug games.
· Lead team discussions and lessons on aspects of game development.
· Part of the inaugural GMG Summer Fellowship Program, more information about the program can be found here.
INTERN | MOLECULAR JIG GAMES | SEPT 2016 TO FEB 2017
· Conducted quality assurance testing give input on user design for a multi-platform health and education game.
· Immune Defense: Focused on teaching players about the cells of the immune system. More information about the game can be found here.
· Crafted and edited WordPress blogs to promote upcoming events and highlight recent gaming achievements.
· Posted “Screenshot Saturday” demos to incorporate player feedback and increase fan base. · Managed Twitter and Facebook pages for updates and company news.
SYSTEM DESIGNER/WRITER | EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE | FEB 2016 TO MAY 2016
· Participated in discussions about game design appropriate for the purpose of assessing a player’s cultural literacy.
· Contributed writing and artificial intelligence development to a million-dollar government funded game.
· Crafted dialogue options for Non-Player Characters
· Developed dialogue trees with machine-learning features using an original dialogue tool. Information on that tool can be found here.
Awards and Scholarships
· Girls Make Games Summer Fellowship- 2017
· GaymerX Scholar- 2019
· Jerry Lawson Grant for Career Development- 2019
· Different Games Ambassador- 2019
· Glitch Power Leveling Program- 2020